Institute for Media Studies
- 2016-04-25 - Book publication "Representations of Islam in the News"
- 2016-03-4 - Rozane de Cock and Bieke Zamen start CLapp research project
- 2016-02-08 - An-Sofie Claeys receives the NeFCA Young Scholar Award 2015
- 2016-02-01 - Rozane De Cock & Hedwig de Smaele published in Journalism Practice
- 2015-11-19 - The News is in the frame. New publication from IMS team in Journalism.
The Institute for Media Studies (IMS) conducts research on experiences with and usages of media platforms by individuals, (target) groups and organizations. This research takes shape in the form of parallel yet intersecting streams of research within the Institute. Strong focus is put on new technologies as illustrated in research on children and adolescents" internet use, online journalism, videogames and usability design. A state-of-the-art media centre and usability lab constitute the ideal biotope to stimulate such research. Another focus is on journalism studies: here the Institute works together with Journalism Studies Antwerp (JOSTA) and the Brussels Centre for Journalism Studies (BCJS). Together they constitute a research team studying news production and reception from different angles (i.e. message, producer, audience). Other central areas of study are strategic communication, popular culture and media industries. Through this wide range of academic research, the IMS supports educational programs in communication science, corporate communication and journalism studies.
Coordinator Tim Smits
Parkstraat 45 box 3603