Dr. Licia Calvi
- Function: Part time affiliated senior researcher
- Send a mail to Licia Calvi
- MA in Philosophy
- Master in Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Science
- PhD in Romance Languages
- Licia Calvi has been senior researcher with the Centre for Usability Research from May 2005 till June 2007. As from September 2007 she is part-time involved as voluntary affiliated researcher within CUO.
- Before she has been lecturing “Digital media” en “Computer Science applied to Communication” at the University of Parma (Italy). She was previously affiliated with the TUEindhoven (Netherlands) and Trinity College Dublin (Ireland).
- A4MC3 (Architectures for Mobile Community Content Creation)
- ICA4DT (Image Based Computer Assistance for Diagnosis and Therapy)
- ISBO VIN (Virtual Individual Networks)
- ROMAS (Research On Mobile Applications & Services)
- K2N (Key to Nature)
- Calvi, L. & Jans, G. (2010). Stimulating community building using mobile 2.0 technology. Int. J. Web Based Communities 6, 1 (December 2010) (pp. 76-98).
- Donoso, V. & Calvi, L. (2009, September). Self-regulated and Informal Learning: Understanding How New Digital Contexts Support Autonomous Learning Processes. DULP conference, Rome.
- Calvi, L. & Donoso, V. (2009, February). Learning Biodiversity through Mobile Identification Keys: Design and Evaluation. IADIS International Conference Mobile Learning 2009 Barcelona, Spain.
- Donoso, V. & Calvi, L. (2008, September). Re-engineering content and simplifying use: Learning biodiversity in a new digital context. DREAM conference (Digital Content Creation: Creativity, Competence, Critique), Odense, Denmark.
- Roibàs, A.C. , Geerts, D. , Furtado, E. & Calvi, L. (2008). Implications of the socio-physical contexts when interacting with mobile media. In Personal and Ubiquitous Computing (online).
- Calvi, L. & Donoso, V. (2008). Focus groups as a technique for co-design: Some lessons learnt. MobileHCI 2008, Amsterdam.
- Jans, G. & Calvi, L. (2007). How to develop a mobile 2.0 application. Proceedings of IADIS International Conference Web-based Communities (pp. 217-224). Salamanca, Spain, Best Paper Award.
- Frangoulis, Alice & Calvi, L. (2006, September). Virtuality and Multiplicity of Contexts: Social Implications. Proceedings of the CRESC Conference on Media Change and Social Theory.
- Roibàs, A.C , Geerts, D. , Furtado, E. & Calvi, L. (2006). Investigating new user experience challenges in iTV: mobility & sociability. In proceedings of ACM CHI2006 Extended Abstract. Montréal, Canada: ACM Press.
- Spinhof, L. & Calvi, L. (2006). User and task analysis in a home care environment. Proceedings of the 20th International Symposium on Human Factors in Telecommunication. Sofia Antipolis, France.
- Zambarbieri, D. , Calvi, L. , Crespi, S. , Luccini, M.A. & Robino, C. (2006). Quantitative Evaluation of Exploration Strategies through Eye Movements Analysis. Proceedings of the Second Biennial Conference on Cognitive Science. St.Petersburg, Russia.
- Calvi, L. (2006). Social Issues in On-line Community Content Sharing. Proceedings of the IADIS International Conference on Web-based Communities (pp. 340—346). San Sebastian, Spain: IADIS Press.
- Calvi, L. (2006). On-line Communities: Implications for Social Issues in Content and Information Sharing. International journal of Web-based Communities. Forthcoming.
- Roibás, A.C. , Geerts, D. , Calvi, L. , Anttila, A. & Daly-Jones, O. (2006). Mobile iTV: new challenges for the design of pervasive multimedia systems. CHI '06 extended abstracts on Human factors in computing systems (pp. 407 - 410). Montréal, Canada: ACM Press.
- Roibás, A.C. , Furtado, E. , Calvi, L. & Geerts, D. (2006). Experimental Ethno-Research Praxis for Uncovering the User Experience in Pervasive Interactive Multimedia Systems. The second Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference (EPIC). Portland, Oregon.
- Zambarbieri, D. , Robino, C. , Crespi, S , Calvi, L. & Luccini, M.A. (2006). Eye Tracking Analysis in The Evaluation Of E-Learning Systems. Proceedings of the WEBIST(2) Conference (pp. 392-397). Lisbon, Portugal.
- Jans, G. & Calvi, L. (2006). Using laddering and association techniques to develop a user-friendly mobile (city) application. In R. Meersman, Z. Tari, P. Herrero et al. (Eds.), OTM Workshops 2006, LNCS 4278 (pp. 1956-1965). : Springer.
- Calvi, L. (2006). Virtual Individual Networks: A Case Study. In R. Meersman, Z. Tari, P. Herrero et al. (Eds.), OTM Workshops 2006, LNCS 4277 (pp. 208 – 217). : Springer.
- Weeghmans, L. & Calvi, L. (2005). Virtual Arts Centre of the Future. Copenhagen, Denmark: Digital Arts & Culture: Digital Experiences – Design, Aesthetics, Practice.
- Calvi, L. (2005). Sociability with Ubiquitous Technologies: A View on Phatic Interactions. In proceedings of SIGCHI.nl conference. : ACM press.
- Zambarbieri, D. , Calvi, L. & Robino, C. (2003). Eye-tracking analysis and cognitive modelling in e-learning systems. in J.P. Balpe, I. Saleh, D. Lepage and F. Papy (eds), Hypertextes hypermédias. Créer du sens à l’ère numérique. Proceedings of the H²PTM’03 Conference (pp. 119-129). Paris, France: Hèrmes Science Publications.
Last update: 09/12/2009