- Function: Researcher
- Phone: +32 16 32 30 34
- Fax: +32 16 32 32 10
- Send a mail to Jeroen Vanattenhoven
Jeroen Vanattenhoven has a master in Industrial Engineering, and a postgraduate in e-Media Engineering from the Group T International University College in Leuven, Belgium. He has worked as an XML developer at the Docarch Research Group of the KU Leuven, and now works as a user experience researcher at CUO, focusing on user-centered design projects in the domain of interactive and social television, and new media in general.
- Master in Industrial Engineering (GroupT)
- Master in e-media Engineering (GroupT)
- 2004 - 2006 XML Developer at the Docarch Research Group (K.U. Leuven)
- Researcher within the Centre for Usability Research since October 2006.
- ICA4DT (Image Based Computer Assistance for Diagnosis and Therapy)
- MULTIGOV (Multichannel approach for E-government)
- Citizen Media (Citizen Media)
- ROMAS (Research On Mobile Applications & Services)
- TELEON (TELEON)
- GR@SP (Bridging the Gap between QoE and QoS)
- SEGA (Self-Representation and Novel Interactive Experiences in Games and Applications)
- UseWell (Roadmap User-Centred Design)
- SMIF (Smarter Media in Flanders)
- HBB Next (Next Generation Hybrid Broadband Broadcast)
- CoMobile (Mobile Meets Communities)
Oskar Van Deventer
, Joost De Wit
, Vanattenhoven, J.
& Mark Guelbahar
Group Recommendation in a Hybrid Broadcast Broadband Television Context.
Group Recommender Systems workshop at the 21th International Conference on User Modeling, Adaptation and Personalization (UMAP 2013). Rome.
- Vanattenhoven, J. , Joost De Wit , Oskar Van Deventer , Geerts, D. & De Grooff, D. (2013, June). Evaluating Group Recommender Systems from a User Perspective. Accepted for the Workshop on Multi-User Services for Social TV @ EuroITV 2013. Como, Italy: ACM Press.
, Geerts, D.
& De Grooff, D.
Deciding What to Watch: Paper Prototyping Interactive Group Recommenders for Television. Proceedings of TVUX-2013: Workshop on Exploring and Enhancing the User Experience for TV at ACM CHI 2013. Paris, France: ACM.
- Jansen, A. , Sulmon, N. , Van Mechelen, M. , Zaman, B. , Vanattenhoven, J. & De Grooff, D. (2013, April). Beyond the Familiar? Exploring Extreme Input in Brainstorms. Work in Progress - CHI2013. Paris: ACM.
- Verhavert, W. , Vanattenhoven, J. & De Grooff, D. (2013, April). Improving Digital Reading Experiences With Mood-Based Content Selection. Work in Progress - CHI2013. Paris: ACM.
- Vanattenhoven, J. & Geerts, D. (2012, July). Second-Screen Use in the Home: an Ethnographic Study. Accepted for Linked TV Workshop @ EuroITV 2012. Berlin.
- Wijnants Maarten , Lamotte Wim , De Moor, Katrien & Vanattenhoven, J. (2011, October). Quality of Service and Quality of Experience Correlations in a Location-based Mobile Multiplayer Role-Playing Game. ICEC 2011. Vancouver Canada: Springer.
- De Moor, Katrien , Vanattenhoven, J. , Naessens, Kris , Torben-Nielsen, Karen , Juan, Adrian , Jacobs, An , Geerts, D. , Demarez, Lieven , Joseph, Wout & Martens, Luc (2011, July). Grasping users’ Quality of Experience of a location-based mobile MMORPG played in a city context: a multi-method approach. IAMCR 2011 - Communication Policy and Technology Section. Istanbul.
- Vanattenhoven, J. , Geerts, D. & Wilkinson, Andrea (2011, April). UCD practice in SMEs – an explorative study in Flanders. 1st European Workshop on HCI Design and Evaluation - The influence of domains (pp. 97-102). Cyprus: IRIT Press, Toulouse, France.
- Vanattenhoven, J. (2010, December). Investigating the Use of the Experience Clip Method. User Centric Media Conference (pp. (accepted for publication)). Venice, Italy: Springer.
- Vanattenhoven, J. , van Nimwegen, C. , Matthias Strobbe , Olivier Van Laere & Bart Dhoedt (2010, October). Enriching Audio-Visual Chat with Conversation-Based Image Retrieval and Display. Accepted for ACM Multimedia 2010. Firenze, Italy.
- Adriàn Juan Verdejo , Katrien De Moor , Istvan Ketyko , Karen Torben Nielsen , Vanattenhoven, J. , Toon De Pessemier , Wout Joseph , Luc Martens & Lieven de Marez (2010). QoE Estimation of a Location-Based Mobile Game using on-body sensors and QoS-related data. IFIP Wireless Days conference - Wireless Multimedia and Entertainment.
- Karahasanovic, A. , Brandtzæg, P.B. , Heim, J. , Lüders, M. , Vermeir, L. , Pierson, J. , Lievens, B. , Vanattenhoven, J. & Jans, G. (2009, May). Co-Creation and User-Generated Content – Elderly People’s User Requirements. Computers in Human Behavior: Elsevier.
- Karahasanovic, A. , Brandtzæg, P.B. , Vanattenhoven, J. , Lievens, B. , Torben Nielsen, K. & Pierson, J. (2009, May). Ensuring Trust, Privacy, and Etiquette in Web 2.0 Applications. IEEE Computer Special Issue: software engineering ethics in a digital world (pp. 42-49).
- Matthias Strobbe , Olivier Van Laere , Samuel Dauwe , Bart Dhoedt , Filip De Turck , Piet Demeester , van Nimwegen, C. & Vanattenhoven, J. (2009). Interest Based Selection of User Generated Content for Rich Communication Services. Journal of Networking and Computer Applications. : Elsevier.
- Vanattenhoven, J. (2008, November). Research Blog: Eliciting User Needs and Experiences. Presented at the workshop "New approaches to requirements elicitation" at NordiCHI 2008 in Lundt, Sweden. (pp. 19-24). Trondheim: Tapir.
- Verde, Orlando , Karahasanovic, Amela , Bruynooghe, Bert , Brandtzæg, Petter Bae , Van Herreweghe, Hans , Van Den Broeck, Marc , Vermeir, Lotte & Vanattenhoven, J. (2008, October). Talhonia: empowering collaborative storytelling. Accepted for 2008 NEM Summit conference "Towards Future Media Internet".. 2008 NEM Summit, Saint-Malo, France.
- De Marez, L. , Lievens, B. , Weeghmans, L. & Vanattenhoven, J. (2007). Novel uses in today’s ICT innovation and everyday praxis: an integrated approach. Cases: interactive digital television and mobile broadband applications. Copenhagen, Denmark: Terena conference.
- Jans, G. , Vanattenhoven, J. & Geerts, D. (2007). Social requirements for sharing information and experiences. Workshop Chi 2007: Shared encounters. San José, California.
- Vanattenhoven, J. & Jans, G. (2007). Enhancing social interaction and user participation in the development of social applications. Workshop Chi 2007: Supporting non-professional users in the new media landscape. San José, California.
- Van Audenhove, L. , Jans, G. , Staelens, T. , Vanattenhoven, J. , Jacobs, A. , Verdegem, P. & Hauttekeete, L. (2007). Multichannel e-government. A reality check by way of in-depth user and usability research in Flanders. Proceedings of ICEG2007, The 3rd International Conference on e-Government (pp. 291-300). Montreal, Canada.
Last update: 15/05/2013